- In April, IOF tax on consumer credit went from 1.5% to 3.0%
- Capital requirements are 8.25% to 33% of loan, depending on risk. Capital requirements lowered for loans under 60 months; increased for loans over 60 months.
- Default rate on consumer loans at 6.8% in September vs. 5.7% at the start of the year
- October default rates on on cars, motorcycles, and trucks at 4.7%, the highest since September 2009. Compare to 3.1% a year earlier and 4.4% in September
- Consumer interest rates at 45.7% in September vs. 39.4% a year earlier
- Next central bank policy meeting is Nov 29-30; outcome uncertain whether cut would be 50 bps or 75 bps